Monday, April 11, 2011

Exemplary Proof

This is an exemplary work sample from one of my students -- a regular Geometry student! -- from the recent Midsegment Proof project. I'll admit -- most regular kids did not have this level of work. And neither did many of my honors kids. But, what an accomplishment for this girl. Her algebra work was remarkably perfect down to every last step. I was scrutinizing every project, down to how big the square root signs look. Her algebra work was, well, flawless.

(Depending on your browser, you may have to click the loaded image a couple of times to see the text-readable zoom level. Usually I don't care if you're seeing the full zoom, but this girl's work is too perfect for y'all to be looking at a thumbnail!)





In the end, even if not all kids were able to achieve her level of stellar understanding, I still think it was a worthwhile goal for all kids to shoot for. I'd do it again. :)

4 comments:

  1. The only thing missing is the qed tombstone! I suggest you start them on this habit early. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should teach them just so that they can end every argument with their friends by saying, "QED! We're done here!" :) That's when I most commonly use it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a prof in college that would say "Q.E.D. Done, proven, can't be proved no more!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's amazing work! You did a great job teaching your student. The way she solved it is so "organized" in a sense that she showed how things arrived to the final answer without skipping a step. Good job, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete